I’m still working my way through the list of retiring stamp sets and trying to use each of them one last time. Today it’s the turn of a background stamp, Crackle Paint. It’s one of those background designs that adds a little interest without overwhelming the rest of the project. I have a feeling I’m going to miss this one.
Although I’m reminding you about Crackle Paint, this project actually started with the Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set. It’s been in the Annual Catalogue all year but I’ve only recently added it to my collection. I’m pleased to say it’s in the new catalogue too.
I began with the large double flower image and a Rococo Rose ink pad. As I planned to fussy cut the image I stamped it onto Thick Very Vanilla Card rather than the standard weight. Then I added the flower centres using Merry Merlot ink. Finally I stamped three pairs of leaves on some scraps of Thick Very Vanilla Card using Mint Macaron ink.
With all the stamping done I then cut out the pieces using my Paper Snips. Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow) I glued the leaves to the back of the flowers and then set the piece aside.
Next I turned to the retiring Crackle Paint (background) Stamp. To make it easier to handle I mounted the stamp onto my Stamparatus.
I inked up the whole stamp with Sahara Sand ink and then stamped a layer of Very Vanilla Card. This would be the background for my card front. Then I inked up the stamp again and stamped over the flap of a Very Vanilla Medium Envelope. Finally I stamped a 1″ strip down the right-hand edge of another layer of Very Vanilla Card.
Next, using my Paper Trimmer I cut and scored some Thick Very Vanilla Card. I folded it along the scored line and sharpened the crease with a Bone Folder to create my card base. Then with liquid glue I fixed the Very Vanilla layer with the stamped strip to the inside.
I was almost ready to start putting the card front together all I needed was my sentiment. For this I turned once again to the Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set. I inked up the “birthdays are the best days” stamp using Merry Merlot ink and stamped it onto Very Vanilla Card.
Now it was simply a case of putting it all together, starting with the Crackle Paint background. Using liquid glue I mounted the background onto some Merry Merlot Card and then fixed it to the card front.
Then I mounted the sentiment onto Merry Merlot Card, and mounted that onto the card front with more liquid glue.
On the back of the assembled floral piece I attached a bunch of Stampin’ Dimensionals. Before removing the backing paper from them though I first flipped the piece over to get a feel for where I would fix it on the card. It was at this point I decided it needed a little something extra.
After a bit of thought I settled on loops of Linen Thread. So I removed the backing from the Dimensionals and used them to hold the thread in place. Once I was happy with the loops I flipped the piece over again and pressed it into place on my card.
I’m so pleased with how this project turned out. Once again the Crackle Paint Stamp has added ‘texture’ to the card without distracting from the focal point.
Yes I’m going to miss this stamp set very much.
UPDATE: The Crackle Paint background stamp has now retired and is sadly no longer available.