Finally it’s time to start showing you products that will be available in a new Online Exclusives category appearing in my online store starting March 1st. One of the great things about this new category is that there’s no end date for the sales period! Some products will be reordered when inventory is low, with others only be available while supplies last. This will enable Stampin’ Up! to respond more quickly to relevant trends. Today’s spring daffodil project features one of three designs from the new Basic 3D Embossing Folders pack.
NEW EMBOSSING FOLDERS
The new Basics 3D Embossing Folders contains three different designs. Each embossing folder is 4-1/2″ x 6-1/4″ and can be used in any direction so they’re perfect for A2 card fronts. Today’s sneak peek uses the floral design embossing folder from this pack.
To start my project I opened up the embossing folder and gently tapped a Mango Melody ink pad over the inside surface. Once that was done I placed the uninked side of the embossing folder onto the platform of my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine leaving the folder open. Then I cut a 2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Thick Basic White Card and placed it onto the embossing folder before carefully closing the inked side. Finally I placed the #4 (3D Embossing Plate) on top and ran it through the machine.
To save my fingers from getting inky I opened up the embossing folder and shook the card strip onto my desk. Although I was pleased with the inked embossing I wasn’t over keen on the white sections. So I grabbed a Blending Brush and went over the whole piece with a light layer of Mango Melody ink. That was so much better.
TIP: to clean the ink from the embossing folder simply hold it under running water.
Next I punched a hole at one end of the card strip using the slot option on the Very Best Trio Punch. Then I cut 6″ of Old Olive 1/4″ Twill Ribbon, threaded it through the slot and secured it in place with a little Tear & Tape Adhesive.
Now my bookmark base was done I could turn my attention to the decoration and for that I needed the Daffodil Dies. These dies have been around for a while and I suspect that they could be retiring soon.
From the set I took the two triple-petal dies as well as the solid and detailed daffodil trumpet dies. Then I used these dies to cut some scraps of Daffodil Delight Card. To add more definition I added Mango Melody ink to the surface of the cut pieces with a Blending Brush. Then I assembled them into the flower head using a little Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow).
Going back to the Daffodil Dies I chose one of the flower stems and one of the leaves and cut these from Old Olive Card. Still using liquid glue I fixed the flower head to the top of the stem, then glued it onto the embossed bookmark.
Finally I glued the leaf on top and trimmed off the excess stem and leaf level with the bottom edge of the bookmark. With that my project was complete.
I must say that as soon as I saw the new Basics 3D Embossing Folders I knew they’d make a great addition to my stash. I’ll show you the other two designs from the set in the next few days. Watch this space!
For more daffodil projects see these earlier blog posts:
Leave a Reply