I can’t believe it’s already May 10th! Where does the time go? They say that time flies when you’re having fun, so that has to be it. Today I have a quick post with an alternate idea for the May 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit ‘Hugs From Shelli’.
What’s different this month is I’m able to show you a sneak peek from the kit BEFORE the deadline to subscribe. Just.
When I attended a Stampin’ Up! event last month in Quebec, we were given one of the cards from the Hugs From Shelli kit as a make-and-take project. I have a habit of not fully assembling my projects and finishing them at home instead. This gives me the chance to put it together at my own pace and to ‘tweak’ it a little if I wish.
What I decided to do was take the printed card base that we’d been given and stamp the ‘thank you’ sentiment onto the hexagonal label. Then using a little Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow) I attached the floral printed die-cut piece to the top corner.
With that done it was time for my ‘tweak’. I pulled out some of the new Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper (DSP) and cut out one of the birds with Paper Snips. Then I attached the bird to the back of the flowers and with Stampin’ Dimensionals added the completed sentiment piece to the front of the card.
For the inside of the card I cut a bird from the edge of the DSP and fixed it up against the crease. This way it didn’t matter that I only had the front half of the bird.
The envelope that came with the card was already printed with a cute nest image so I didn’t need to do any more.
HUGS FROM SHELLI KIT
My project used just one of the 12 cards that will be in the Hugs From Shelli Paper Pumpkin kit. Although I haven’t seen the whole kit, here’s what I know…
- The kit will contain 12 cards (3 each of 4 different designs)
- There’s 12 exclusive coordinating envelopes
- The kit will have an exclusive photopolymer stamp set that will not be available anywhere else.
- For stamping there’s a Classic Stampin’ Spot (we were given Early Espresso to use so maybe that’s a clue as to the colour)
- The labels we were given had silver foil accents, plus there’s the die-cut flowers and twine. I suspect I’ll find more ‘extras’ once the box arrives.
- There’s an instruction leaflet included in the box, and a few days after it’s been shipped Stampin’ Up! will release a video too.
- Everything you need to make the cards is included, even the adhesives. You’ll only need a pair of scissors to cut the twine.
- The colours used in the kit are: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla.
- The kit coordinates with the Bird Ballad Suite in the 2019/2020 Annual Catalogue.
Now here’s the catch. If you want to get the Hugs From Shelli kit, you must subscribe today. If you subscribe tomorrow your first kit will come in June, and it won’t be Hugs From Shelli.
Of course you haven’t really had a chance to see the coordinating Bird Ballad Suite, and customers won’t be able to buy it until June 4th. So here’s what I’m going to do.
Everyone who subscribes to Paper Pumpkin to get the Hugs From Shelli kit and chooses me as their Demonstrator, will receive some samples from the Bird Ballad DSP pack. The samples will come directly from me with my compliments, so make sure you’ve allowed Stampin’ Up! to share your contact details with me. Otherwise I’ll have no idea where to send the samples.
PAPER PUMPKIN GUARANTEE
Still not sure? Stampin’ Up! guarantees that you’ll love every Paper Pumpkin kit. If you don’t, contact them, or me if you’ve chosen me as your Demonstrator, and they promise to put it right. In addition, there’s no minimum commitment when you subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, if you sign up for this kit and decide it’s not for you, you can quite simply cancel your subscription. Just like that. There really is nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I do hope you’ll subscribe to Paper Pumpkin today so you can find out for yourself how much fun it can be.