I’m sure I’m not the only one who has a lot of extra time on their hands so that we’re unable to go out. I’m also probably not the only person who knows that I they could make great use of that time, if only they stopped procrastinating. The only way I’ve found to get jobs done is to write them on a To Do list, check it frequently and tick them off.
Of course when you have a long list of jobs you need a large To Do list. So that’s what I made this morning.
I found this 4″ x 9″ x 1/2″ notepad in Dollarama a few weeks ago and it’s been sitting in my studio ever since.
To today started by cutting a 4″ x 11″ piece of Petal Pink Card and scored it at 9″ and 9-5/8″. I folded the card along the scored line and sharpened the creases with a Bone Folder.
Next I cut a 3-7/8″ x 8-7/8″ piece from the Magnolia Lane 12″ x 12″ DSP. Then using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow) I attached the DSP to the main panel of the card.
In among the DSP pack I found a few scraps of the same paper and decided to use them up. First I cut a piece 4″ x 2-1/2″. Then with the long side at the top I scored it at 1/2″ and 1-1/8″, and folded it along the scored lines. Using liquid glue I then attached the piece to the top of the note pad, covering the boring binding.
With that done I placed the card cover onto the pad and flipped it over. Then using liquid glue I attached the card to the back of the pad.
Now I was ready to get to work on the decorative To Do panel for the front.
For this I used dies from the Hand-Lettered Prose Dies to cut out scraps of Petal Pink Card. Then I glued them to a 2″ x 3-7/8″ piece of Basic Black Card. Next using more liquid glue I mounted the layer onto a 1-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ piece of Petal Pink Card.
At this point I remembered I’d want to have a way to keep a pen or pencil handy with the pad. I cut a 4″ piece of Petal Pink 5/8″ Striped Organdy Ribbon, folded it in half and fixed the ends together using Tear & Tape Adhesive. Then with more Tear & Tape Adhesive I attached the cut ends behind the layered sentiment. The two layers of ribbon were actually quite thick so to even up the back I glued some scrap pieces of Petal Pink Card around the ribbon, Now when I glued the sentiment to the front of the pad, the layer would sit flat.
Looking at the various scraps now on my desk I spied a small piece of the DSP, complete with a magnolia flower image. So I decided to use that as a little extra decoration. Using a coordinating die from the Magnolia Memory Dies I cut out the flower then added to the sentiment using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. My pretty To Do list was finally complete.
Now all I have to do is stop procrastinating, write down what I need to do and actually do some of it.
BUNDLE BONUS – I bought the Magnolia Memory Dies in a bundle with the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set (not used today). The Hand-Lettered Prose Dies were part of a bundle with the Praiseworthy Prose Stamp Set (not used today). By ordering using the single bundle item numbers I saved 10% off the cost of buying the items separately. I’ve included links to both bundles below in case you want to look at these.