Every now and then I like to have what I call a ‘scrappy day’. On a scrappy day I make a conscious effort to use scraps on my projects. This might be card from my card scraps tin, short pieces of ribbon or trim from my ribbon box, or even pieces that have been stamped, punched or die-cut during a previous crafting session but never actually used.
Today is one of those days and so for my simple Sunday project I created this thank you card.
I started this project with a piece of Thick Whisper White Card cut and scored using my Stampin’ Trimmer. I folded the card along the scored line and sharpened the crease with a Bone Folder to create the card base then used Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow) to attach a piece of Cajun Craze Card to the front, followed by a Blackberry Bliss and Cajun Craze leaf design from the Nature’s Poem 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper (DSP) Pack.
The reverse of this DSP is a bolder Blackberry Bliss design and I fixed a strip of this to a layer of Cajun Craze Card then wrapped some Whisper White Baker’s Twine around it three times, securing it on the back with Mini Glue Dots. This was added to my card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The sentiment from the All Things Thanks Stamp Set was stamped onto a piece of Whisper White Card using Cajun Craze ink and then fixed to a layer of Cajun Craze Card with liquid glue. I added a single copper leaf embellishment from the Leaves Trinkets below the sentiment with a couple of Mini Glue Dots. The assembled sentiment was then fixed to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals stacked two high so it would sit nicely over the DSP strip.
On a separate layer of Whisper White Card I used liquid glue to attach a narrow strip of the leaf design Designer Series Paper (DSP) down the right hand edge, then fixed the layer inside the card base.
To complete the project I attached some more of the leaf design DSP to the flap of a Whisper White Medium Envelope with liquid glue and then cut it to shape with Paper Snips. All done.
On today’s project the Designer Series Paper was a part sheet and the card mats were cut to size from pieces stored in my card scrap tin. It feels good to know that after making it there are fewer scrap pieces in my craft studio than when I started, so I call that a successful scrappy day session.
You can find out more about how I organise some of my craft supplies in a couple of videos I created a little while ago. I’ve used these systems for years now and they have enabled me to keep control of my scraps, and as a result save wastage and money.
Here’s the video about my card scrap tin, as well as how I manage stamped or die-cut pieces.
and here’s a video explaining my storage of punched pieces.
Everything I used to create today’s simple Sunday project can be found in the table below. If you have any questions about the project, or Stampin’ Up! products, please contact me (you’ll find a link at the top of the page).