One of the hazards of buying patterned paper in packs is thinking of the pack as a whole. For instance a pack of Christmas-themed paper gets overlooked when making a non-Christmas project. I always try to see past the obvious and make a mental note of designs that could work at other times. Take the Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper (DSP). Snowflakes are seasonal, not just for Christmas, so today I used one of the sheets to make a thinking of you card.
The DSP design I chose has a really soft, calming feel that I thought would be perfect alongside a thinking of you sentiment.
I began by cutting a piece 3-3/4″ x 5″. Then using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow) I mounted it onto a 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ layer of Misty Moonlight Card. With that done, I added a row of three self-adhesive Pearl Basic Jewels (one of each size) in the top right corner.
For the base I chose Smoky Slate Card. First using my Paper Trimmer I cut and scored the card. Then after folding along the scored line I sharpened the crease with a Bone Folder. Finally I attached the layered DSP to the card base with more liquid glue and set it aside.
Before moving on I cut two more pieces of the DSP to use as my coordinating feature for the project. The first piece was 2-1/4″ x 6″ and I glued it to the flap of a Whisper White Medium Envelope. Then with my Paper Snips I trimmed off the excess DSP using the edge of the flap as a guide.
The final piece of DSP was cut 3/4″ x 5-1/4″ and glued down the right-hand edge of a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Card. Then I added a 1/8″ strip of Misty Moonlight Card beside the left edge of the DSP. With that done I glued the assembled piece inside the card base.
Now all I needed was the sentiment for the front of my card.
THINKING OF YOU
For my sentiment I turned to the Woven Heirlooms Stamp Set from the Stampin’ Up! 2020/2021 Annual Catalogue. I love the simple hand-scripted look of this set and go back to it time and time again.
Today found a really odd shaped piece of card in among my Misty Moonlight scraps and it just seemed to fit the sentiment perfectly.
First I stamped the sentiment onto the scrap with VersaMark ink. Then I sprinkled the sticky ink with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. After tapping off the excess and removing a few stray specks I melted the rest with my Heat Tool set on 2 (high).
The strip was a little too wide, so before going any further I trimmed the right-end off to make it 3-3/4″ along the bottom. Then I glued it onto a piece of Smoky Slate Card and trimmed the card using the angled top layer as a guide. Once I attached the layered sentiment to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals I was done.
I love how this project turned out and the angled sentiment layer was a complete fluke. It was obviously meant to be.