I thought I’d have a simple start to my day. I pulled out the Amazing Life Stamp Set and settled on the good luck sentiment. I’d use a limited colour palette and a little Designer Series Paper and that would be it. No stress.
Well that’s what I planned anyway…
It all started fine. I used Call Me Clover ink to stamp the ‘good luck’ sentiment onto some Thick Very Vanilla Card. Then set it aside.
Next I used Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the clover image onto some Call Me Clover Card (what else?). Then I used Paper Snips to fussy cut the image. So far so good.
I’d already decided to use the clover image as my coordinating feature on the project, so next I stamped it in the centre of the flap on a Very Vanilla Medium Envelope. Then I stamped it again in the bottom right corner of a layer of Very Vanilla Card. All I needed to do was colour the images using the Call Me Clover Stampin’ Write Marker from the 2018-2020 In Color collection.
Now I needed a subtle background, preferably in green tones. I found what I was looking for in the Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) pack. It was actually an off-cut and all I needed to do was trim the length. Once that was done I mounted the DSP onto a layer of Call Me Clover Card using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow).
Putting everything together shouldn’t have been an issue.
I started by cutting and scoring a piece of Thick Very Vanilla Card on my Stampin’ Trimmer. Then I folded it along the scored line and sharpened the crease with a Bone Folder.
Using liquid glue I then fixed the Very Vanilla layer with the coloured clover inside the card base. So far, so good.
Then I decided to cut the stamped sentiment on my Big Shot using a die. It shouldn’t have been hard. From the Stitched Shapes Framelits I chose the #2 square (counting from the smallest up). Then with the sentiment on the Magnetic Platform I put the die in place with a cutting pad on top. All I had to do was roll it through the Big Shot.
Except when I’d lined up the die I wasn’t paying attention and I’d cut it crooked. It’s not obvious when you look at the left and right edges, but at the bottom? Oh boy!
So I had two choices, I could stamp and die-cut another sentiment, or I could use the one I had. I decided not to waste the crooked sentiment.
So I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the layered DSP to the front of the card tilted over to the right. Then I added the sentiment tilted over to the left. This time I was watching that the bottom of my stamped sentiment was level with the bottom of the card.
Finally I added the fussy-cut clover to the corner of the sentiment with liquid glue and a piece of Stampin’ Dimensional.
Talk about a save!
Now I know I hadn’t intended to stamp the sentiment crooked and then use angled layers to hide it. I know you won’t tell anyone, so we’re all good. I think I may need a coffee. Or chocolate. Or both.
I think that the Amazing Life Stamp Set is, well, amazing. You can see another project I made using this set in my blog post Amazing Life Sneak Peek.Product List