Well today started off very nicely with a rare lie-in. The sun is shining and although it’s chilly out I’m snug and warm indoors. I’d created today’s Christmas card project using the Brightest Glow Bundle and coordinating Lights Aglow paper and sat down to write my blog. And that’s when things started to go wrong. Somehow my website is hiding some of the key components I use to add images and the product links. After almost an hour I’ve found a work-around so I can finally show you this project.
I started this project with a 1/4″ sheet from the Lights Aglow 6″ x 6″ Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP). This particular pattern is of two gold foil circles and two squares which is designed to be cut into four 3″ x 3″ pieces. Once I’d cut the sheet I chose the circle design and mounted it onto a 3-1/8″ x 3-1/8″ piece of Evening Evergreen Card using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow).
Next I took another 6″ x 6″ sheet of the same paper but this time it was the bokeh pattern on the back that I was after. I cut one piece 1-7/8″ x 5-1/2″ and glued that onto a 2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Evening Evergreen Card.
From the same sheet of DSP I then cut a 3/4″ x 5-1/4″ strip and glued that along the bottom edge of a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Very Vanilla Card. Going back to the Evening Evergreen Card I cut a 1/8″ x 5-1/4″ strip and glued that up against the top edge of the DSP strip.
For my card base I chose Soft Succulent Card. After cutting and scoring the card I folded it along the scored line and sharpened the crease with a Bone Folder. Then using liquid glue I fixed the assembled Very Vanilla layer on the inside.
For the sentiment I turned to the Brightest Glow Stamp Set and stamped “Tis the season” onto some Very Vanilla Card with Evening Evergreen ink.
Now I needed to cut out the sentiment and I knew just where to look, the Lights Aglow Dies. So after cutting out the sentiment with the fancy circle die, I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to fix it in the centre of the 3″ x 3″ piece of DSP.
While I loved how things were going so far I did want a little more shine and for that I reached for the 3/8″ Gold Shimmer Ribbon. I cut a 6″ piece and wrapped it around the bokeh strip. After securing the ribbon on the back with Tear & Tape Adhesive I fixed the assembled piece onto the card front with liquid glue. This was followed by the sentiment piece using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
That just left the Very Vanilla Medium Envelope to decorate. So I went back to the bokeh patterned paper and glued it to the envelope flap. Then with my Paper Snips I trimmed off the excess paper using the edge of the flap as a guide.
In next to no time I had another Christmas card for my stash. Now if only I can sort out my pesky website as quickly.