Today has been one of those days that started poorly and continued downhill from there. So much later than planned my project is pretty simple although I’m happy with how it turned out. I decided that I should pull out the Ornamental Envelopes Stamp Set and coordinating Envelopes Dies to show they’re not just for envelopes.
I began my project with a layer of Very Vanilla Card and an Old Olive ink pad. Then from the Ornamental Envelopes Stamp Set I grabbed the leafy branch and stamped it towards the bottom.
There are no sentiments in the Ornamental Envelopes Stamp Set so instead I turned to Itty Bitty Greetings. I selected “Sending prayers” and stamped it within the curve of the branch using Old Olive ink. Finally I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow) to mount the layer onto some Calypso Coral Card. Then I set it aside while I finished the stamping for my project.
Next with Old Olive ink I stamped the end of the branch on the front of a Very Vanilla Medium Envelope coming in from the top right corner. Then I repeated the corner stamping on a second piece of Very Vanilla Card.
With the branches done I found the triple flower image and chose Calypso Coral ink. First I stamped it a few times on some scraps of Thick Very Vanilla Card and set this aside. Next, after thoroughly cleaning the stamp, I inked up just one small flower from the three. Then I stamped it onto the branch on the front of the envelope. I repeated this process three more times until I was happy with how it looked.
Now the stamping was complete I used my Paper Trimmer to cut and score some Thick Very Vanilla Card. Then I folded it along the scored line and sharpened the crease with a Bone Folder.
Finally, using Stampin’ Dimensionals, I attached the assembled sentiment layer onto the front of my card base. Then I added the other Very Vanilla layer to the inside with liquid glue.
Now I was ready to get to work with the Envelopes Dies.
First I used the coordinating die to cut out the clusters of three flowers that I stamped earlier on scraps of Thick Very Vanilla Card. This die is designed to fit perfectly over the three stamped flowers but cuts them out separately with one pass through the machine.
After all the flowers were cut I used liquid glue to attach a couple of the smaller ones on the branch inside the card base. More liquid glue was then used to fix small flowers on the front of the card. Finally I added two of the larger flowers to the front using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
That just left one final touch on the envelope to do.
Although I’d decorated the front using stamped images I wanted to add some additional detail to the flap. For this I took the largest flap die from the Envelopes Dies set. I carefully placed the die over the edge of the envelope flap and ran it through my machine. The result was a beautiful scalloped detail on the flap, and with that my project was complete.
It was only as I was cleaning and putting away the stamps that I took a proper look at the other stamps in the case. There’s actually a couple of branch / swag images and a string of berries for them too. Now I’ll just have to play some more!
DSP SALE IS NOW ON!
During the whole of October you can save 15% off selected packs of Designer Series Paper (DSP). With 15 packs on sale there’s bound to be something for everyone. Make sure you check out the deals via the DSP Sale Flyer or by visiting the DSP Sale section of my online store.
I purchased the Ornamental Envelopes Stamp Set and coordinating Envelopes Dies using a single ‘bundle’ item number. This meant I saved 10% off the cost of buying the two products separately. I’ve included links to both options so you can explore these further if you wish.