Today my website is migrating to a new server and thankfully this is being managed by my hosting service SiteGround. While I have no doubt that things will happen smoothly it’s still a little nerve-wracking. What’s more I’ve been asked to avoid making changes to my website at all today in order to prevent any potential loss of data. So it was with this in mind that I sat down to create today’s project. Relax and chinchilla out just about sums it up.
STRIKING ARGYLE BACKGROUND
I’ve had the Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder for a while now but for some reason never got around to using it. So I was unsure about exactly how it would turn out but I shouldn’t have worried.
I began by cutting a layer of Soft Suede Card. Next, to get the best impression from the 3D embossing folder, I spritzed it lightly on both sides with clean water. Then I placed the card inside the folder and ran it forwards and backwards through my embossing machine with a 3D Embossing Plate on top. Oh my goodness, the results from this embossing folder are really impressive and now I’m wondering why I haven’t used it before.
I set the card aside for a minute to dry while I worked on the card base. For this I used my Paper Trimmer to cut and score a piece of Sahara Sand Card. Then I folded it along the scored line and sharpened the crease with a Bone Folder.
Next I cut a mat from Very Vanilla Card to go under the embossed layer. I also cut a Very Vanilla layer that would be used to line the card base later.
RELAX AND CHINCHILLA OUT
Now it was time for the combined “relax and chinchilla out!” sentiment and image.
Using Early Espresso ink I stamped it onto a small piece of Very Vanilla Card. Then I immediately added subtle colour to the image by ‘pulling’ ink from the stamped lines into the open areas using a Blender Pen. With that done I mounted it onto a layer of Sahara Sand Card using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow).
For even more texture I fixed a large loop of 5/16″ Braided Burlap Trim to the back of the sentiment using Tear & Tape Adhesive.
Next I used liquid glue to mount the embossed layer onto the Very Vanilla Card mat before fixing it to the card base. Then with Stampin’ Dimensionals I added the assembled sentiment.
I thought the little chinchilla would be the perfect coordinating feature for this project, but as he was attached to the sentiment I needed to play a little to get the result I wanted.
I inked up the chinchilla and sentiment as before, but this time flipped the stamp over and covered the words on the stamp with sellotape. Then I breathed on the ink to re-moisten it and stamped the chinchilla in the bottom right corner of the Very Vanilla piece I’d cut to line the card base. With that done I fixed the liner into the card base with liquid glue.
Then I removed the sellotape from the stamp and repeated the process, stamping the chinchilla on the front of a Very Vanilla Medium Envelope. With that my project was complete.
You’ll find a baby card made using the Witty-cisms Stamp Set in my blog post Some witty-cisms but just not today.
Now my blog’s written and scheduled I can relax while the technical guys at SiteGround do their job.