Oh my goodness it certainly was a chilly start to the morning! I’m sitting here wearing a sweater and thinking about turning the heating on. Still, it’s nice and sunny out so I really shouldn’t complain. Today I decided to design a simple note card just because I haven’t made one in forever. At 3-1/2” x 5” when folded, the Note Card & Envelopes packs from Stampin’ Up! are the perfect size. What’s more they come in Very Vanilla, Basic White and Kraft so will work with any colour scheme.
FULL OF LOVE
Having decided to use the Very Vanilla note card I grabbed my Very Vanilla Card scraps. Next, from the Full of Love Stamp Set I chose the larger envelope image and separate “Hello there” sentiment. Then I stamped them both onto the card scraps using Evening Evergreen ink.
Next I cut them out using dies from the Stitched Rectangles set. These 13 dies have slightly different ratios so I separate them up into 3 individual groups labelled A, B and C. For the sentiment I needed B1 and for the floral envelope image I used #C4 (counting from the smallest up).
Having cut out both pieces I set to work colouring in the flowers using Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers. Although these are designed to blend (hence the name) I was using them for an entirely different reason… I get two shades of each colour! So I chose the Mint Macaron and Soft Succulent Stampin’ Blends and coloured in the image without any blending at all. This gave me a pretty monochrome effect that was exactly what I had in mind.
FINISHING THE NOTE CARD
Finally, before putting away the stamp set, I stamped just the flower part of the image across the bottom right corner on the inside of the note card.
Choosing the green shades of ink and markers was by no means an accident. In fact it was planned to coordinate with a striped pattern from the Boughs of Holly 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper (DSP) pack. So first I cut a 3-1/2″ x 5″ piece and fixed it over the front of the note card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow).
Next I cut a 1-3/4″ x 5-1/4″ piece and glued that to the flap of the note card envelope. Then I trimmed off the excess paper with my Paper Snips, using the edge of the flap as a guide.
With that done I glued the die-cut image layer to the front of the note card with liquid glue. Then using Stampin’ Dimensionals I added the die-cut sentiment and today’s project was complete.
I’m really pleased with how this project turned out and love the DSP background. Now I want to use it on a project that’s a little more masculine…
Leave a Reply