As I sat down to create today’s card project I decided once again to concentrate on more retiring products from Stampin’ Up! My inspiration came from the retiring Framed Florets Stamp Set and coordinating Framed Florets Dies. However it didn’t end there, I also used three retiring ink colours, with two colours of coordinating cardstock Then I pulled out some retiring specialty card and embellishments. By the time I was done my card project featured a total of nine retiring products that are all now only available while stocks last.
TRIO OF FLORETS
I began as I often do by choosing my stamp images. From the Framed Florets Stamp Set I settled on the wide floral spray. Then I pulled out a Tuxedo Black ink pad and stamped the image three times. First, at the top of a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Basic White Card (this would be used to line the card base). Then I stamped the flowers onto a scrap of Basic White Card. Finally I stamped them onto the flap of a Basic White Medium Envelope.
At this point I decided to only colour the floral image on the scrap of Basic White Card and chose three sets of Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers. I started with the leaves and I used the light and dark Mint Macaron markers. Then for the flowers I chose light and dark So Saffron. Finally I used the dark Soft Suede on the two smallest flower centres, leaving the light marker to colour the oval buds.
Now with the colouring complete I used the coordinating die from the Framed Florets Die to cut out the coloured image and set it aside. Then I used the largest of the frames in the set to cut some bronze card from the Brushed Metallic Cardstock. At last I was ready for my sentiment.
But first, using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow) I attached the metallic frame to a 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ piece of Basic White Card. Then I laid the die-cut floral piece on the bottom of the frame to help with placement of the sentiment. Finally, using Tuxedo Black ink I stamped “for a special person on a special day” inside the frame.
Before moving on I needed a mat layer, and for this I cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Mint Macaron Card. Then using liquid glue I mounted the Basic White sentiment layer on top. Next I attached the die-cut floral piece with Stampin’ Dimensionals and added a few Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
Before continuing I realised that I still hadn’t got my card base. In the end I decided to use my Paper Trimmer to cut and score some So Saffron Card. Then I folded it along the scored line and sharpened the crease with a Bone Folder. With that done I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach my assembled layers to the front.
All that was left was the Basic White layer I’d stamped right at the start. So using liquid glue I fixed it inside the card base and my project was finally complete.
For more projects created using the Framed Florets Stamp Set and dies see these earlier blog posts:
RETIRING PRODUCTS (only available while stocks last)
CONTINUING PRODUCTS (however prices of some of these will increase when the 2023/2024 Annual Catalogue goes live on May 2nd)
Leave a Reply