For today’s project the distinctly autumnal feel of this morning’s weather inspired my colour choices. But rather than go with a tried and trusted combination I decided to try something new. So after choosing Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Rococo Rose and Old Olive, I set to work.
I began my autumnal card with the large wreath image from the Arrange A Wreath Stamp Set. This is quite a large image and so I decided to use my Stamparatus to help me with the stamping.
After mounting the stamp on the Stamparatus plate I lightly tapped the Bumblebee ink pad onto the surface. Then I used Sponge Daubers to add the other three colours, Old Olive followed by Rococo Rose and finally Cinnamon Cider. Once I’d added the extra colours to the stamp surface I stamped onto a layer of Very Vanilla Card.
With the autumnal colours done I decided that it could do with a little something extra. So, leaving the card and the stamp in place on the Stamparatus I used my Simply Shammy to clean the stamp surface. Next I used a Sponge Dauber to add a little VersaMark ink to the tips of the leaves on the stamp. Then I stamped the VersaMark onto my autumnal wreath.
Now I was ready to remove the card from the Stamparatus and sprinkled the image with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Then I tapped off the loose powder and removed a few stray specks. Once that was done I melted the rest of the powder using my Heat Tool set on 2 (high).
At this point I went looking for a suitable sentiment and found exactly what I needed in the Many Mates Stamp Set.
Using VersaMark ink I stamped “Just thinking of you” in the bottom right corner below the wreath. Next I sprinkled it with Gold Embossing Powder, tapped off the excess and removed some stray specks. Then, as before, I melted the rest of the embossing powder with my Heat Tool set on 2 (high).
I still thought that the wreath needed something more and so I turned to Wreath Builder Dies. First I cut out the 6 petal flower from Rococo Rose Card. Then from a scrap of Gold Foil Sheet I die-cut the small circle.
To add some additional definition to the flower I used a Sponge Dauber to add some Rococo Rose ink to the edges of the petals. Then with a Mini Glue Dot I fixed the gold die-cut circle to the centre of the flower.
To complete the panel I used more Mini Glue Dots to secure some loops of Linen Thread to the back of the flower. With that done I attached the flower to the wreath.
Using my Paper Trimmer I cut and scored a piece of Rococo Rose Card. Then I folded it along the scored line and sharpened the crease with a Bone Folder to create a card base. After that I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow) to fix the completed wreath layer on the front.
Finally, for my coordinating feature I turned to the small double leaf image in the Arrange A Wreath Stamp Set.
Using Sponge Daubers I covered the surface of the stamp with the same four ink colours as before. Then I stamped the image in the centre near the top of a layer of Very Vanilla Card. This piece was then fixed on the inside of the card base with liquid glue.
After cleaning off the stamp, I reinked it with the four colours and stamped it in the centre of the flap on a Very Vanilla Medium Envelope. With that my project was complete.
For some other projects created using the Arrange A Wreath Stamp Set / Wreath Builder Dies, see these earlier blog posts:
BUNDLE BONUS – I bought the Arrange A Wreath Stamp Set and coordinating Wreath Builder Dies using a single ‘bundle’ item number. This meant I saved 10% off the cost of buying the two items separately. I’ve included links to both options below so you can explore these further if you wish.