I’m one of those stampers who don’t mind rubber or photopolymer stamps. What is more important to me is the quality. Both types of stamps have their benefits and shortcomings. I particularly like photopolymer stamps as they make it really easy to get the placement just right. I also like that I can bend or move parts of some stamps to suit my purpose. However this second ability caught me out today. So that meant stamping the deer a second time, but the end result was worth it I think.
I began by using the largest of the plain topped dies in the Tailor Made Tags Dies to cut a piece of Basic White Card.
Next, from the Brushstroke 12″ x 12″ Specialty Designer Series Paper I chose the Night of Navy Sheet. I noticed that the back of the paper actually had a subtle pattern that I could use as part of the design. So using my Paper Trimmer I cut two strips, one 2-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ and the other 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2. First I tore straight across the smaller strip to create a piece about 1-1/4″ x 2-1/4″. Then I tore the remaining piece across the middle to create some gentle curves.
Going back to the larger strip I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to layer the three torn pieces across the bottom with the back of the paper showing. Then I cut out the assembled strip using the same Tailor Made Tags die.
With that done I glued the two tags together back-to-back. Finally I threaded some silver cord from the Simply Elegant Trim pack through the hole and tied it with a simple knot.
DEER LEGS MOVED!
For the focal image I chose the “oh what fun” deer from the Peaceful Deer Stamp Set. It started well as I stamped him onto some Basic White Card using Crumb Cake ink. Then all I needed to was punch him out using the coordinating Deer Builder Punch. And that’s when I realised my mistake…
You see when I placed the photopolymer stamp onto the acrylic block I hadn’t noticed that I’d pushed the hind leg out of position. So now it no longer lined up with the punch. It was an easy fix though. All I had to do was lift up the back part of the deer stamp and let it go. This way the photopolymer would find its own place on the block. Then when I stamped it the second time the image lined up perfectly.
From there I simply used Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to fix the deer to the tag before scattering some Rhinestone Basic Jewels across the ‘sky’. Finally I picked at the torn edges of the paper with a fingernail to lift them slightly, and my tag was complete.